Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Reading

Brittany loves to read. She started reading even before Kindergarten, and she has never stopped. Her speed of reading amazes me. I often try to read the books she reads, and she can read the same book faster than I can. About the time of spring break, her friend convinced her to read Harry Potter. She has now read all 7 books. A neighbor let her borrow the 7th book Saturday afternoon, and she finished it on Sunday. Have you seen that book? I think it is as thick as the Bible! She amazes me. Her favorite books by far are The Little House on the Prairie books. Grandma gave them to her a year ago, and I think she has read them all at least 20 times! I'm glad Brittany loves to read. I have always liked to read too; I liked being able to "visit" so many different places, times, and cultures through books. And it is fun to read the same books she does so we have things in common.

No comments: