Thursday, April 3, 2008

Losing faith in technology

I'm really quite fed up with everything to do with technology of late. I don't really like talking bad about things, but it seems lately that there is no end to technological 'issues' in my life.

From the dust of the latest unresolved issue another issue arises. Nothing I've tried seems to fix the issues. And another issue crops up before the first one is fixed.

Technology is a broad word, in this case I think it includes the computer issues I deal with at work, the oven going out at home, Paul's grip on my glasses causing failure of the hinge, and even the fact that the tires on my car have worn out prematurely in an annoying way which causes annoying road noise.

Maybe I should just start from scratch? I'll wipe the slate clean and start over. I'm sure that would go over well ;-> Sell the car, get lasik, and find a job outside of technology.

Anyway, back to reality. A new oven is coming on the 11th, I need to cough up some cash for new tires and new glasses and make due where I'm at until the next opportunity arises.

Technology is just great, just don't get too involved as it really won't save the world.

No comments: