Monday, April 7, 2008

Answer to prayer

Today the Human Resource directors and managers have a new dashboard to view. This past Friday there were big questions whether the system which hosts the dashboard would be ready for today’s unveiling.

A number of issues were identified as I worked from home on Friday. So I went to work putting patches provided by the software maker into place.

Saturday night after about 30 hrs of work, as I was finishing the final touches on the installs, for some unknown reason a folder on the server disappeared. I frantically searched for the files which were needed to make the system run. A call to the backup people revealed that somehow this server was overlooked and not backed up. There was no easy way to fix the problem! I had less than 48hrs to rebuild a server which took over a week to install.

About this time I heard through the door Shawnie and the children saying the nightly family prayer. It was as if the volume was turned up so I could hear "please bless Daddy that he can resolve the problems he's dealing with." Immediately after hearing those words, I noticed a change. Instead of concern and frustration, a thought entered my mind and my heart felt peace. I needed to check something I had already looked at. Upon looking again, the folder and files needed were there!

Heavenly Father knows the challenges we are facing and answers prayers! In this case immediately, even before the prayer was finished!

No comments: