Thursday, February 4, 2010

Lights!

The other day I got out the box of shoes that the older children outgrew but are being saved for the younger children. I found what I needed for Paul and then rushed on to the next thing without putting away the box. Later I found Erica going through the shoes. She had found a sandal with Princesses, and she told me, "It matches me." I think she meant that it fits her, but it also matches her "princess" personality. It looked like it would fit, so I found the mate and helped her put both sandals on. When she stood up, the lights on the front of the shoes lit up, and Erica was very excited. These are now the only shoes she wants to wear, and she loves to jump to turn on the lights. I'm just glad those sandals were made with long-life batteries and light bulbs. Even though Megan is 6 years older than Erica, the lights still work!

2 comments:

Marcy said...

That's awesome the lights still work!!! Are you coming down this way again anytime soon??

Bridgette said...

How cute! She is really getting her own personality isn't she? It's especially nice when they like something that is free.