Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The New School Year

From Collages

We have now started the second week of school. Megan is confident now that she is in second grade with the same teacher Brittany had for second grade. Megan has just slid right into the new school year without seeming to need any adjustments. Although there have been some worries about friends and lockers, Brittany is enjoying Intermediate school. The mysterious lockers have been conquered, new friends are being made, and old friends are seen after school. Brittany seems to relish the independence of walking to and from school by herself while I drive Josh and Megan to and from the elementary school. Joshua loves being in school. He is making friends and tells me the work is all easy.

Paul, Erica, and I are having trouble remembering what to do with ourselves without everyone here. Paul and Erica play together for awhile, then they argue a little, then they play, then they think it must be time to pick up the others, but it's only lunch time. Erica has started resisting naps, even refusing on some days. I think 20 months is too young for that! I know I kept busy before, but I can't quite remember how. I think I need to find a project to work on (maybe Christmas preparations?). I am doing a rotating mother's preschool/playdate every Thursday morning for Paul; that will be good for both of us. Yesterday I put Paul and Erica in the bike trailer and went for a 30 minute ride; then we did it again for a Family Night activity. Today I'm sore. Hopefully soon I'll find a good routine because school is here to stay (at least until June).

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Yep, you need something to do...like climb the trees and cut out all the dead branches.

Oh, wait. You did that this afternoon. LOL! =)

Now what can you do?

Bridgette said...

It sounds like everything is going swell in the school department. That's wonderful! If you ever need something to do, give me a call.