Sunday, September 27, 2009

HOPE

I was assigned the thought for the ward leadership meeting this moring and I was struggling with what to share.  Last night, I thought I'd scan LDS.org to see if there were any topics which could provide an idea. I came across a new page: http://www.lds.org/topic/hope/
 
With the world in so much commotion lately, the messages on this page are wonderful and helped fill a void I hadn't realized was needing filled.  I especially liked the submitted thoughts by others about overcoming the various challenges life throws at you with hope in Christ.
 
Since my purpose was to find a spiritual thought, I also turned to the online Topical Guide to find a scripture or two on hope. That is where I found Alma 13:28-29.
  28 But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call on his holy name, and awatch and pray continually, that ye may not be btempted above that which ye can bear, and thus be cled by the Holy Spirit, becoming humble, dmeek, submissive, patient, full of love and all long-suffering;
  29 aHaving faith on the Lord; having a hope that ye shall receive eternal life; having the blove of God always in your hearts, that ye may be lifted up at the last day and enter into his crest.






No comments: