Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Small Things

I know, I haven't posted in a long time. Life has been extremely busy, with Megan playing soccer, Josh playing T-ball, Brittany and Megan both taking piano lessons, Brittany and I both going to Activity Days every other week, and Josh going to preschool (each mother takes a turn) once a week. Plus just trying to keep up with the normal, everyday things. But on to the point of this post.

Saturday, as I was hurriedly walking behind Paul, I kicked his stationary foot with my pinkie toe on my right foot. I heard/felt a pop, and it hurt. Really, really bad. I iced it and hobbled around, and before long it wasn't too bad, except that I couldn't move it. It is a strange feeling to think that you are moving the right muscles to make your toe move, and yet look down and see that your toe is not moving. So I have spent the last few days walking carefully and warning the children to stay away from my feet. It has gotten a lot better. I can walk pretty normally without shoes now, but with shoes I still have to limp and go slow. I can actually move my toe some now. I should probably include a picture, but I don't have one, and it really doesn't look as bad as it should considering how it felt. You'll have to use your imaginations.

So remember, small things influence big things. There is a scripture about that, but it is in the positive sense. Doing small things can bring to pass great things. I have also learned that neglecting small things can bring great trouble.

P.S. I do not believe that every small thing matters, so I try not to stress over the un-important small things. The hard part is to figure out which ones are important.

No comments: