Thursday, August 21, 2008

Last Week of Summer

At the beginning of the week, I asked the children what they would like to do this week before school starts next week. They each made a list, and I have tried to fulfill as many requests as possible. I just checked, and there are a couple things left. Here's what we've done so far.

Monday:
Shoe shopping.
Home for lunch.
Megan and Josh wanted to play in the rain, and I let them.
Window shopping at the mall , and a quick stop at Target looking for a school supply item.
Home for a quick dinner, then everyone went to the school for Brittany's Meet the Teacher night.
Back home and bed.

Tuesday:
Megan and Josh went to play at their friends' house. While they were there, Brittany, Paul, Erica, and I went grocery shopping and got the remaining school supplies. Brittany ran into an old friend at Wal-Mart, and she set up a time for her to come play.
The afternoon we just relaxed at home.
Brittany and Megan went to piano lessons with their new teacher for the first time.
Dinner
I went to Book Club while Kyle watched the kids (except Erica).

Wednesday:
Spent the morning at the MAC free play and the library.
Brought Josh's friend home with us to play.
Came home to a message asking Megan to go play with a friend, so off she went.
Brittany made a cookie pizza.
After dinner, Brittany and I went to Activity Days at the church.

Thursday:
Megan and Josh have friends come to play.
Lunch
Josh goes to another friend's house to play.
Megan and I make cookies.
After dinner tonight, Megan has Meet the teacher.

Friday:
We'll go to the park in the morning.
Brittany has a friend coming over to play in the afternoon.

I think that next week might feel relaxing after this whirlwind of activity. Hopefully Josh and Paul don't expect me to keep it up next week. I wanted to make this week fun, and hopefully I succeeded.

I will miss the relaxed, nothing-required days of summer. I will miss the option of sleeping in. I will miss having the girls home. Still, school is also good and necessary and enjoyable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good end of the summer to me. I think about how strange it will be when my kids are old enough to go to school. It is nice having the option of a relaxed morning. Have a good first week

TonyaKuykendall said...

I'm tired just reading your list of what you did. I hope their first day is everything they've dreamed of. Miss you guys!