Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer

Today I thought I would write a quick entry before Kyle has to remind me to write again. I have been busy relaxing with the kids now that school is out. In one sense, it is not very relaxing. I have to keep up with swimming lessons and piano lessons, always be ready with activities for the bored child, prepare meals and snacks for hungry children, and still try to keep up with the housework. So I am busy, but it is still relaxing because I feel more in charge of the day without the rigorous school schedule. Also, after the first few weeks of adjustment, the children have remembered how to play together, and how to decide what to do without being told what to do. I am enjoying having all the children home with me. (Although I couldn't honestly say that the first couple weeks of summer break, I can now.)

As an update on Erica, she has been able to roll over from both front and back for awhile, and now she can also sit up on her own for a few minutes before falling over. She will be 6 months old at the end of this month. It has gone by in a blur. The last couple days she has been expressing a preference for me over others in the family. Yesterday, the children had her giggling hysterically. It was wonderful to listen to. I think Paul has gotten over his phase of poking Erica in the eye, and fortunately both of her eyes survived. Now Paul frequently asks to hold her. I have started feeding Erica solid foods. When I do, Paul wants to eat her food also. I didn't think it would continue once he tasted her rice cereal and green beans, but he surprisingly still asks for bites of her food. Erica continues to be a good baby, and I am so grateful for her.

2 comments:

TonyaKuykendall said...

Come on everyone... Chant it with me...

WE WANT PICTURES! WE WANT PICTURES!...

Shawnie said...

Sorry. I just haven't taken the time to figure out the digital camera and posting pictures. It's a good thing I have Kyle.