Tuesday, January 29, 2008

President Hinckley's passing

It truly is remarkable how influential a man President Hinckely was. He truly made a huge impact on the Church and the impression others have of 'Mormons.' Not all prophets/Presidents of the Church have as great an impact.

As I reflect on his passing I have come to realize that --like many others -- I have a relationship with President Hinckley which is personal (even though I never actual met him face-to-face) which makes his passing a reality. I believe the bond which was formed over the past 12 years is due in large part because President Hinckley truly epitomized the Savior's teachings and lived his life fully in keeping with the teachings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Likewise, the faith and belief I have placed in him as God's chosen prophet adds to the feelings of love which I have for this remarkable man. He truly was a prophet.

***************************************

I've been impressed by a number of the articles, remembrances, and clips I have found scattered across the web. I have put together a few of the links below as I have found them.







Here's a few links to various news sources about President Hinckley's passing:

1 comment:

Paul said...

My employer, The Telegram, is localizing a story about President Hinckley for tomorrow's paper. I helped arrange contacts with local members so they could share their feelings publicly on his passing.